About Screw Piles
Screw piles are one of popular types of deep foundation. Screw piles are wound into the ground. This is an efficient means of installation and coupled with their mechanism of dispersing load, provides effective in-ground performance in a range of soils, including earthquake zones with liquefaction potential.
Screw piles are made of circular hollow steel sections with one or more helices attached to them. Once the pile has reached the target depth it remains permanently in place and is typically filled with concrete. Powerful hydraulic motors are used to apply the large torques that are required to screw a screw pile into the ground. This technique has been widely used to support various structures including pipe supports, tanks, equipment and transmission lines.
In the installation process, screw pile requires a large galvanise steel screw anchor attached to a long length steel column. The combined apparatus is driving into the ground using an excavator. The structure is balanced on a fixed or adjustable head that provides load-bearing support, guaranteeing stability. This method causes minimal ground disturbance and can be used immediately after installation. These piles can be mounted in any kind of weather.
Civil Assist Australia strives to provide quick, reliable, and effective installation process in all situations. We aspire to be a leader in occupational health & safety best practice within the industry, and we always monitor for quality and safety of our work.
Advantage of Screw Piles
Nowadays, screw piles have been widely used as option for foundation in many different industries including telecommunications, rail, roads, and others due to many benefits provided, such as:
- Simple The screw pile’s system is relatively simple and can be installed using typical construction equipment
- Fast Installation The main advantage of screw piles foundation include rapid installation and able to be loaded as soon as it is installed
- Fast Installation Screw Piles installation produces low noise level and vibration free, which would lead to restrict potential damage to adjacent structures
- Free from Vibration Screw Piles installation produces low noise level and vibration free, which would lead to restrict potential damage to adjacent structures
- Sustainable The installation of screw piles also produces less disturbance and has no soil cuttings to keep the site clean. The screwing process would have less soil to be displaced and therefore the waste will be minimised to reduce environmental effect
- Cost Effective All the benefits will definitely minimise your project cost and become better alternative to traditional deep foundation techniques.
Civil Assist Australia has been involved in many different projects around Australia with offices in different location, Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney. With our highly trained experts and experiences, we are committed to provide a creative, innovative, and high quality of piling services to our clients and aims to become one of the leaders in the piling industry with very high class standards.
Please make us your preferred specialist and feel free to send us enquiries for free quotes, as we will get back to you shortly